Information about NMJC's accreditation activities
NMJC will seek continued accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission in 2015/2016. Prior to that time, the college will be engaged in a range of activities supporting our application for continued accreditation. The timeline and listing of activities is contained in the document NMJC Accreditation Activities 2012 - 2016
About our office:
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness is responsible for managing institutional research and strategic planning at NMJC. In addition, the office coordinates assessment activities and serves in central roles related to external grant funding, college accreditation, and operational planning and improvement.
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness supports the mission of NMJC through achievement of the following goals:
- Provide timely, accurate, value added information to staff and faculty in support of their work on behalf of the students of NMJC.
- Serve as a resource of expertise in research, assessment and strategic planning.
- Initiate and conduct research and studies that contribute to a better understanding of NMJC students, college programs and our connection to the community.
- Support efforts to improve processes, communications and operations at NMJC.
Institutional Effectiveness staff members are committed to the following core values:
- Responsibility and accountability
- Value added data and analysis
- Positive working relationships
US Department of Education Intergrated Postsecondary Education Data Systems (IPEDS)
US Bureau of Labor Statistics
US Census Bureau Population Estimates
UNM Bureau of Business and Economic Research