New Mexico Junior College



Ben Alexander Student Center

Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM

NMJC Help Desk


Help Desk


Ask NMJC Help Desk

The NMJC Help Desk is here to help you every step of your academic journey. We can provide answers and referral information on the following:


Academic Advisement

T-BirdWeb Portal 

Canvas Online Classroom

Student Records


Financial Aid

NMJC Email


IT Support


Payment Plans

Other Student Support Services


You can call or stop by the Ben Alexander Center for help.

Common FAQ's

Your T-BirdWeb Portal is your online access to NMJC. In the portal you can access your NMJC email, Canvas Online Classroom, NelNet Payment Portal, and Self-Service Banner 9 where you can add and drop courses and see your grades online among other tools and resources.

To login for the first time you will need your student ID (A#), date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number. You will receive a new login ID and you will create a new password.
You can find more detailed information on the T-BirdWeb Portal using this link.

If you need help getting your A# email us and we can find it for you.

Once you have your student ID you will be able to use the Forgot Username/Forgot Password links.

Email us your A#, and your new email/phone number. We will update it for you and then you'll be able to login.

If it is a weekend, when Help Desk is not available, you can email for assistance. In the email body please include your full name, phone number and brief message stating you need to update your verification phone number and/or email.

We suggest once you login, go in to your account settings and add a second and/or third form of verification.

Fall and Summer registration typically opens mid-April. Spring registration typically opens mid-November. Consult the NMJC academic calendar for specific dates.

There are videos available to show you the registration process. Click here to check them out!
1. You will need access to your New T-BirdWeb Portal.
2. Once logged in to your portal, click on Student Self-Service Banner 9.
3. Click on add or drop a course.
4. Click on register for classes.
5. Select the correct term.
To Add a Course:

You can search classes by Subject or by typing in a Keyword/CRN #. Once you find the course you need, click on Add. Once you are done adding all the classes you want, click submit. This will then register you for the classes you selected.

Note: You should check your Student Profile to make sure all classes you registered for are showing. Not every class can be registered for online. Some classes require Instructor Approval and/or pre-requisite requirements. Please contact the Help Desk for more information.

To Drop/Withdraw from a Course:
Follow the same steps as above (1-5). While in the Search Criteria page, you will be able to view all of the courses you are registered for the selected term. In the lower left Summary Box, you then select drop/withdraw under the action tab, and then click submit.

Note: there are specific terms and dates to follow on dropping/withdrawing and adding courses. Please see the academic calendar for specific instructions.

All copies of official and unofficial transcripts are requested through the National Student Clearing HouseNo paper requests are accepted, and any phone calls requesting transcripts will be directed to the online ordering website. There are several different delivery and pick-up options that you can choose from when requesting copies. Both official and unofficial transcripts are $5.00 per copy, regardless of delivery method. Copies can be paid for by any major credit or debit card on the National Student Clearing House order site.

To ensure that your order goes through, you MUST SIGN the online Paperless Consent Form. If you need help with your transcript request orders, click the Transcript Ordering Help link at the bottom of the page or contact the National Student Clearinghouse at 703-742-4200.

If you haven't already taken a placement test (ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer), potential NMJC students are allowed to take the Accuplacer at the NMJC Testing Center, free of charge, for the first attempt. The test is required for students who have not previously taken a placement test and who have not taken their first college level math and English courses. Accuplacer assesses math, English, and reading competencies.

After the first free attempt, re-takes are $5 per section, or $15 for the entire assessment.

The testing center will proctor Accuplacer Monday through Friday 8AM-5PM. The last full Accuplacer testers admitted will be at 3PM, although individual section testers may be admitted until 4PM.

Picture ID's (drivers license, school ID with picture, etc.) are required to test.

You can visit the accuplacer page to have a copy of your test scores sent anywhere you would like.

If you were dropped from one or all of your classes (without you personally initiating the drop), it is likely that the 48 hour window of payment opportunity had passed. After 48 hours from registration, if payment is not made (either paid in full, payment plan set up or financial aid finalized and in place), the registration system will automatically purge you from the course(s).

If there is space in the section, to re-enroll you must contact the Help Desk or re-enroll online.

You can pay in full at the cashier's window in Ben Alexander. Or you can go to Nelnet, available through your T-BirdWeb Portal.

You can contact our financial aid department for more information on the progress of your financial aid.

Keep in mind it takes up to a week for our financial aid department to process your FAFSA application after you submit it to our college.

To be able to see your unofficial, online student records, you must first have access to your T-BirdWeb Portal.

1. After successfully logging into your T-Bird Web Portal, click on Self-Service Banner 9.
2. Under the Student Services Page click on Student Profile.
3. Click on Academic Transcript.
4. Under transcript level you can select "All Levels"; and under transcript type select "Web." You will be able to access Academic "unofficial" transcripts and grades.

To update address and phone number information:

1. Login to your T-Bird Web Portal
2. Click on Self-Service Banner 9
3. Click on Student Profile
4. Click on My Personal Information
5. You can then update Addresses and Phones and insert new information according to the type

To change your name:
1. Bring a photo ID or name change document with the name you wish to change your records to the Help Desk in the Ben Alexander Student Center
2. Fill out the "Personal Information Change Form" given at the Help Desk
3. Help Desk employee will take your change form and photo ID or name change document and present it to the Registrar for approval

An enrollment verification form is a form that shows current semester dates, enrollment status and name and address information. Enrollment verifications are sometimes used as proof for insurance discounts or tuition reimbursement from employers.

To receive an Enrollment Verification form, see anyone in the Registrar's Office or email us.

To change your major, see the Help Desk to receive and turn in a Major Change Form or complete the online form here.

FERPA (Family Rights and Privacy Act of 1974) regulations state that when a person of any age enrolls in higher education, he or she must give permission before any educational records are released. In order to do this, the student must complete and submit a Student Release of Information Request. This form can be obtained from the NMJC Help Desk.

In District Residents: Lea County residents that have resided in the county at least 90 consecutive days, or have graduated from a Lea County High School.
Out Of District Residents: New Mexico residents that have resided in the state for at least 12 consecutive months prior to registration, but live outside Lea County.
Out Of State Residents: Anyone residing outside of the state of New Mexico.

To receive your completed degree plan, please contact the counseling/advising department.

To receive a degree plan for a specific program, contact or visit the NMJC Help Desk, or check out our specific program pages.

Visit our graduation page to find more in detail information about our graduation process.
2. Visit or contact a counselor or academic advisor to complete your degree plan.
3. Buy your Cap and Gown from the NMJC Bookstore.
4. Attend graduation rehearsal and ceremony.