Nelnet Online Tuition Payment Option
Automatic Payment Plan
NMJC Bookmark for Pending Aid (Click here)
Nelnet Brochure (Click here)
For Students With Pending Aid:
Payment Plan Availability
Availability of the Payment Plan is determined by NMJC. Please be aware the college may elect not to have the Payment Plan available during specific times and dates during registration.
Introduction to Nelnet
To help you meet your educational expenses, New Mexico Junior College is pleased to offer Nelnet as a convenient online payment option. Students who choose to use Nelnet may select installment plans that are spread over several months, depending on the length of the semester. They may choose to make payments from their checking or savings account or by Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover credit cards. In addition to the variety of choices available, the student also has the convenience of paying online as soon as he or she has registered.
The only cost to budget monthly payments through Nelnet is a $25.00 per semester nonrefundable Nelnet Enrollment Fee. If you wish to pay in full instead of creating a monthly payment plan, there is no additional fee charged.
Nelnet Pending Aid Option for Financial Aid Students
NMJC offers a Nelnet pending aid agreement with zero down payment for students who have a FAFSA on file and qualify for the Pell grant. Students with financial aid not finalized at the time of registration must make payment arrangements. Please note that financial aid accounts are not finalized until semester grades are reviewed to ensure satisfactory academic progress.
After you click the "Sign Up For A Payment Plan" button, you will be lead through the process of creating a Nelnet agreement. You will need to have the following information available:
- Nine digit Student ID.
- The name, address, and e-mail address of the person responsible for making the payments.
- Information to create your Nelnet Access Code.
- Account information for the person responsible for payment.
- If paying by automatic bank payments you will need the bank name, telephone number, account number, and the bank routing number. Most of this information is located on your check.
- If paying by credit card, you will need the credit card number and expiration date.
You may budget your tuition and fees one of two ways:
- Automatic Bank Payment (ACH)–ACH payments are those payments you have authorized Nelnet to process directly with your financial institution. It is simply a bank-to-bank transfer of funds that you have preapproved for your expenses at New Mexico Junior College. Payments may be made from either your checking or savings account. Payments are processed on the 5th of each month and will continue until the balance is paid in full.
- Credit Card Option–Many payers have requested the option of charging their monthly tuition payment to their credit card. This enables you to take advantage of various bonus programs offered by your credit card company. If you elect to use this option, your monthly payment, along with a convenience fee, will be automatically charged to the credit card you designate. The convenience fee is in addition to the nonrefundable Nelnet Enrollment Fee. Payments will be charged on the 5th of each month until the balance is paid in full. If you wish to use this option, you may enroll by registering online through e-Cashier. Credit card payments are processed by American Card Services, Inc.
At New Mexico Junior College, we believe Nelnet will offer many advantages to our students. Here are some of them:
- The number of credit cards has doubled. American Express and Discover may now be used to pay expenses through Nelnet in addition to Visa and Mastercard.
- Students may spread their payments over a longer time period and more payments.
- Students may pay online instead of having to come to an NMJC campus.
Nelnet Tuition Management Brochure
The Nelnet Tuition Management Plan brochure can be picked up at the NMJC campus.
When and what time will the funds be withdrawn from my bank account?
Nelnet specifies the date each payment will occur, but it is your financial institution that determines the time of day the payment is debited. Nelnet recommends you check with your financial institution to determine how far in advance funds should be deposited into your account to ensure the automatic payment clears. If a payment date falls on a weekend or banking holiday, the payment will be attempted the following business day.
How will I be notified of my payment information?
Once your agreement is posted to the Nelnet system, you will receive a confirmation notification of your payment amount by e-mail or letter. Payments will be processed until the total balance is paid in full. The notification has important information you must have to log on to your My Nelnet Account. The notification also serves as a reminder that a $25 (1–6 payments) nonrefundable enrollment fee will be processed from the account indicated on the agreement.
Can I pay by phone with Nelnet?
In accordance with the Terms & Conditions of your Nelnet agreement, payments are processed electronically. Nelnet does not accept payments by phone.
What is the Nelnet Access Code?
To help protect your privacy, Nelnet asks the person responsible for the payments to create an access code. If you should call into Nelnet inquiring about your Nelnet agreement or inquire online through My Nelnet Account, you will be required to verify your Nelnet Access Code. If you do not create an access code on your Nelnet agreement, one will be randomly assigned to you. Your Nelnet Access Code will be identified on your Nelnet Confirmation Notification. Please remember to keep a copy of your confirmation notification.
Call the following numbers if you have questions regarding your financial aid award (575.392.5172) or your tuition balance (575.392.5207).
To make changes to your address, phone, or banking information, call Nelnet at 800.609.8056.