New Mexico Junior College
1 Thunderbird Circle
Hobbs, NM 88240
Laurie A. Muffley, MA, MLIS
Reference interviews & library orientations by appointment.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org, call 575-492-2871, or stop into the library to set up appointment.
Library Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday: 7:30 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Pannell Library and Information Resource Center
Pannell Library provides a variety of resources designed to meet the information needs of NMJC students, faculty, staff , and community patrons. The library serves as the major information resource for NMJC and provides the library services necessary to support the College’s mission.
- Subscriptions to over 80 different databases containing hundreds of thousands of journals, all accessible from the library’s web page 24/7
- Circulating book collection of approximately 92,011 titles
- Reference and reserve titles in the collection of just under 2,000 titles, 2,756 current DVDs, VHS tapes, and audiocassettes are held by the library, with new titles added to the collection each year
- Current subscriptions to over 250 journals and newspapers
Services Offered by Pannell Library
- Public access computers are available for finding information both in print at the library and on the web.
- Staff are available during library hours to assist patrons in locating materials, searching the Internet, and answering questions.
- Library instruction workshops ranging from general orientation tours to specialized workshops for students, faculty, or staff are available.
- Staff collaboration with instructors on classroom assignments or research topics is available.
- Personalized reference and research consultation is available by appointment.
- Students can use this library to borrow books, videos, and obtain articles from other libraries around the world.
- From our website you may use the electronic version of many popular reference books.
- Find links to printable New Mexico legal forms on our webpage.
- As a member of the Estacado Library Information Network (ELIN) Consortium, students have access to databases composed of hundreds of thousands of articles on any subject imaginable, many in full text - all provided free to you by the State of New Mexico. Th is allows for the
- use of library resources by anyone with a valid library card from any of our member libraries: the Carlsbad Public Library, the Eunice Public Library, the Hobbs Public Library, the Lovington Public Library, New Mexico Junior College library, University of the Southwest, and the Woolworth Community Library in Jal.