Schedule an advising appointment
The NMJC Advising Center is now offering appointments for current and prospective students! To schedule an appointment use the link below:
- My Next Move - contains a brief career interest test and information for more than 900 career options. Allows users to reseasrch educational requirements, skills & abilities needed, and the job outlook for these careers.
- Career One Stop - toolkit to explore careers, locate training, assess skills, find job, wage, industry, and state and local labor market information.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - gives detailed descriptions of specific occupations, earnings, required training, and expected outlooks for occupations.
- Current Term (Semester) GPA - The GPA earned only for the courses taken in a specific term/semester
- Cumulative GPA - The GPA for all of the courses taken at NMJC
- NMJC's Academic Success Center - Home to NMJC's free tutoring service
- The Khan Academy - Online tools to educate students in a wide variety of subjects, including Math & Science, Arts & Humanities, Economics & Finance, and Test Preparation
- Virginia Tech's Study Skills Page - Self-help study skills including tips on note-taking, reading, writing papers, concentrating, and getting motivated
- Success in Math from St. Louis University - Tips for success in mathematics
- How to Study - Collection of web sites with general study information and tips for studying and writing for specific disciplines
- General Transfer Information - Tips for selecting a transfer institution and preparing for transferring
- Transfer Equivalency Table - Course-by-course equivalencies between NMJC and regional universities
- Transfer Curriculum Guides - Guidelines to help you choose classes at NMJC for transferring into your intended major at specific universities
- Associate of Arts (General Studies) or Associate of Science (General Studies or Prenursing) students - assigned to the Counseling Office for advisement
- Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Education or Associate of Applied Science degree or certificate students - assigned to a faculty advisor from the major department.
- Students participating in athletics - assigned to a coach
- Students participating in Student Support Services - assigned to an SSS advisor
- Early College/Dual Credit students - assigned to an academic dean