Assessment of Student Learning at NMJC
Institutional Level Student Learning Outcomes
New Mexico Junior College’s institutional student learning outcomes represent the knowledge and abilities developed by students attending New Mexico Junior College. Upon completion students should achieve the following learning outcomes along with specific curriculum outcomes for respective areas of study:
- Comprehend information to summarize, analyze, evaluate, and apply to a specific situation.
- Communicate in an accurate, correct, and understandable manner.
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Define a problem and arrive at a logical solution.
- Use appropriate technology and information systems to collect, analyze, and organize information.
- Apply critical thinking, analysis, and problem solving to data.
Self and Community
- Analyze and reflect on the ethical dimensions of legal, social, and / or scientific issues.
- Communicate an awareness of a variety of perspectives of ethical issues.
- Interact with individuals and within groups with integrity and awareness of others’ opinions, feelings and values.
- Assessment of Student Learning Quick Reference Guide
- Additional faculty resources and departmental reports area available in the Assessment of Student Learning course located in CANVAS.
Reports of Student Learning (internal reporting).
- Institutional Assessment Summary 2014 through 2018
- Annual Report of Student Learning - Fall 2011 through Spring 2012
- Annual Report of Student Learning - Fall 2010 through Spring 2011
- Annual Report of Student Learning - Fall 2009 through Spring 2010
- Annual Report of Student Learning - Fall 2008 through Spring 2009
NMJC files annual reports with the NM Higher Education Department concerning student learning in general education courses.
- General Education Assessment Report for 2017
- General Education Assessment Report for 2016
- General Education Assessment Report for 2015
- General Education Assessment Report for 2014
- General Education Assessment Report for 2013
- General Education Assessment Report for 2012 | Executive Summary
- General Education Assessment Report for 2011
- General Education Assessment Report for 2010
- General Education Assessment Report for 2009
- General Education Assessment Report for 2008
The Higher Learning Commission
NMJC is accrediated by the Higher Learning Commission (www.hlcommission.org) based in Chicago, Illinois. Assessment of student learning is part of the accreditation process outlined by the Commission. In support of this requirement, the Commission has published two specific documents outlining Commission policies on assessment:
Higher Learning Commission Statement on Assessment 2003
Higher Learning Commission Statement on Student Learning 2007
NMJC submitted the following report to the Higher Learning Commission in January 2009:
- NMJC Assessment Progress Report January 2009