Thank you for your interest in New Mexico Junior College School of Cosmetology. Our programs include comprehensive theory and practical training for licensure in Cosmetology, Barbering, Esthetics and Manicuring.
New Mexico Regulation and Licensing Department Board of Barbers and Cosmetologists requires each student:
- At least 17 years of age
- Has an education equivalent to the completion of the second year in high school
Applicants should take the following steps for consideration:
- Complete online Cosmetology Admissions Application
- Complete online New Mexico Junior College Application
- Watch YouTube video on “5 signs that beauty school is right for you”
Once you have completed these steps, you will need to make an appointment with the Director of the School of Cosmetology for an admissions interview and gather the following Admissions Credentials. On the day of your appointment to be interviewed, you will need to bring these documents with you to the Cosmetology Department (located in McLean Hall). Make your appointment by calling (575) 492-2689.
Bring the following with you to the interview
- 2 Passport Photos
- Official Transcripts
- Copy of Government ID or Driver’s License
- $25 money order