- Do you have a curiosity or interest in history?
- Do you enjoy reading and learning about the history of our area?
- Would you enjoy extending hospitality to visitors from around the world?
- Would you enjoy sharing your knowledge and passion for history with interested adults and children?
- Would you like to be on a team that creatively shares the past with today’s society?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are invited to be a volunteer, or docent, at the Western Heritage Museum! Docents are educators trained to further the public’s understanding of the cultural and historical collections of the institution. These vital volunteers can serve as guides, assist with tour groups and serve as hosts at receptions and events. These volunteers will also be invited to participate in special Museum functions such as tours, receptions, movies, and children’s programming. Docents are a vital connection between the community and the museum. By sharing their time and talents, our docents will enrich the visitors understanding and appreciation for the rich history of Lea County and the Llano Estacado. Docents give personal relevance to the artifacts by expanding the story of Lea County’s rich history. If you are interested in being a docent, contact the Museum to find out more about this important opportunity.