Expenses & Financial Assistance
Campus Housing & Meals
Student Resources & Support
Academic Information & Procedures
Degree & Program Offerings
Non-Degree OfferingsCourse Descriptions
Educational research suggests that students who live on campus are significantly more inclined to remain in college and achieve higher GPAs in comparison to students living off campus. Compliance with college housing policy is a condition of enrollment, as set forth in the Student handbook.
- Residence halls and apartments require a $25 non-refundable application fee prior to assignment.
- Students who cancel their room before June 1 (for fall) will receive no penalty.
- Students who cancel after the above date will be subject to our cancellation policy.
70% during the first week of term
- 60% during the second week of term
- 50% during the third week of term
- 40% during the fourth week of term
- 30% during the fifth week of term
0% during & after the sixth week of term
Students with extenuating circumstances that may justify canceling the lease must submit a written request for a waiver to the Student Life Office. Such requests may or may not result in waiver of the fee for breach of the agreement, at the discretion of the College.
If a student is removed from campus housing due to violation(s) of the campus housing policy, the student will not receive a refund for room cancellation. Students will not receive a refund for amount of room if the student is removed for violations of the New Mexico Junior College Drug and Alcohol Policy pursuant to public law 101-226, SECTION 22, The Drug Free Schools and Communities Act Amendments of 1989.)
The Student Handbook and Student Housing Handbook is available on the main web site, www.nmjc.edu or in the Student Life Office.